PDA

View Full Version : Pictures/Photos

Mum to Laura, age 13
24th November 2010, 08:26 PM
I am trying to add photos but dont get the album link when I ago to User CP - perhaps I am just being stupid!!! Not very technically minded but how do you enter photos onto a thread that you post.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Poppy :) x
24th November 2010, 09:34 PM
To upload a picture to a post on a thread, Upload the picture to tinypic or Photobucket. Copy the IMG code and paste it to this box, then preview post, it should work!!

I personally use photobucket, it is easier to use. :) well, i find it is.

:) xxxx

titch
25th November 2010, 05:27 PM
We don't have user albums enabled, because as far as I could tell, they're impossible to administrate, and we need to be able to easily remove any inappropriate content, but as there's no way for us staff to get notification when anything is added to them, we didn't feel they were appropriate here. Sorry!

Anyway, Poppy has given you some fine advice, and we can probably give more specific advice if needed, as various members use either photobucket or tinypic and would know how exactly to upload to them. Hope that helps!

louise_23
15th December 2010, 07:57 PM
I use photobucket but I usually only post the link to the picture in my post.

How do people do it so that it shows the full picture in the post and not just the link to the pic?

As I don't know how to do it!

bronteamy
15th December 2010, 08:01 PM
you get the direct link for layouts & paste the url in the box that pops up when you clik on the picture icon

louise_23
15th December 2010, 08:05 PM
Ahh thanks Bronte! Yay !:D

Collette
15th December 2010, 08:21 PM
That didn't work for me, I just got a box with a red cross come up! :(

So instead I just copy & paste the image...as you've seen though, my pics are MASSIVE!!!!! doing it that way! :D

GillyG
15th December 2010, 10:26 PM
Any photos I take with my digital camera are massive, so I use Paintshop Pro to resize the image to 20% of the original. Then I upload the reduced pics into tinypic.com and copy and paste the url for 'message boards and forums' into the place I want the picture to appear in my post :)

Cassie
15th December 2010, 10:52 PM
My digital camera pics are huge as well.
I use a Freeware graphics manipulation/re-sizing application. http://www.irfanview.com/ You can download a free copy for home/personal use and it is very ease to re-size a photo. (Image, Re-size/Resample, then choose what sort of size you want, I usually go for 640x480 on the drop down, then save as ....) then you can continue with putting the re-sized pic on a photo hosting site, and then on here with the IMG URL as Gilly mentions.

It has lots of other effects etc you can use as well.